Sunday, April 1, 2012

Using the cores from aerification......

I have always used the waste from aerification to fill in low areas or to try and get some of the cores to take in bare areas around the course. I have always questioned, could these bentgrass plugs be used to sprig a bentgrass green. So I am conducting a little experiment on my driving range.
I started by striping the old nursery green of bermudagrass.

We cleaned the area of any bermuda stolons or material left in the soil.
We then loaded all the cores we had stock piled into a progator and dumped the cores into the green.
Spreading the cores to a depth of 1"-2".
The cores after packing.
Water and 50# Milorginite.
The green was very quick to green up 7 days
20 Day after putting out cores. 
Cores are growing rapidly. Currently mowing at .400. I will start lowing heights along with topdressing. We will see what happens with this green during the summer. I will post updates as it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment